BNP Paribas is committed to keeping your data safe.
And we want to be sure that you understand how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website and/or our app Creation.co.uk (the “site”) and you’re given the option to manage and to delete cookies.
What is a cookie?
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed or (ii) persistent, meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our site in order to provide you with services that you have requested
- Enhance the security of the site, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties
- Send you personalised advertising based on your browsing history and your preferences online
- Monitor your use of our site in order to improve them
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the site to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas sites:
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly)
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our sites (e.g. time zone etc.)
What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following:
- the webpages you’ve visited on that device
- the ads you’ve clicked on the type of browser you use
- your IP address
- and any other information that you have provided on our website and/or app.
Who places the cookies on your device?
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be placed directly by us or by one of our partners.
This means that when you authorise the installation of certain so-called “third-party” cookies on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information they contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies) within the respect of our data protection Notice and those of our partners.
How can you manage cookies?
To see the different categories of cookies that we use on the site and control what cookies we deploy on your browser, you can use the cookie management module that pops up when you landed on the site or you can access it through the cookie settings button under the Your Cookie Settings section. You can modify your preferences, withdraw or give again your consent at any time.
Please note that the use of strictly necessary cookies for the proper functioning of the site do not require your consent. This is why the option "strictly necessary cookies" is pre-checked in our cookie management tool and is not optional.
By refusing certain types of cookies (preference cookies for example), we will not be able to optimise your user experience on our site and some parts may not function properly.
By default, we save your cookie choices on a device for a maximum of 12 months. If you change your mind about the preferences you have expressed regarding cookies, you can update your choices at any time, by following through the cookie settings button under the below Cookie List. We will ask you to make a choice again every 12 months.
Hotjar screen tracking