Insurance Premium Finance Credit Agreement payment holiday
If you are already experiencing or reasonably expect to experience temporary financial difficulties as a result of coronavirus, you can register for a payment holiday of 1 month by completing for form below. This must be your first payment holiday request for this product. If you are approved, we will stop your monthly payment for the month without adversely affecting your credit score during that payment holiday period.
What is a payment holiday?
Taking a payment holiday means that we will not collect payments from you during your payment holiday. Please be advised that you should continue to make your contracted monthly repayment if you can afford to, as this is likely to be in your best long-term interest to do so.
Please do not cancel your Direct Debit as after the payment holiday your payments will resume.
Who can register for a payment holiday?Customers who have a Premium Finance Credit Agreement paying for a private motor vehicle insurance policy, a private property insurance policy or a sole trader insurance policy can register for a payment holiday. However if not already done so and in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) guidance, we would strongly recommend that you contact your Insurance Provider first to discuss any options or support they may be able to provide to help you in reducing the cost of your insurance policy.
Is a Payment Holiday the best option for me?
It's important to remember that a payment holiday provides a temporary ‘pause’ in your contracted repayments to help you through these uncertain times, however:
- Taking a payment holiday means that it will take you longer to repay your balance
- As a result of the payment holiday, you may need to make increased repayments or a lump sum payment to repay the sums owed under the credit agreement to remain within the funded insurance policy term
- Any outstanding balance at the end of the current funded insurance policy term may impact your ability to secure finance to fund an insurance policy in the following year; and
- At the end of the payment holiday period, there is a risk that if your funded insurance policy is subsequently cancelled, that any refund due will not cover the balance of the outstanding amount.
What if I can afford to pay some, but not all, of my monthly payment?
If you are currently up to date with your payments but believe that you will be unable to make your future payments in full as a result of Covid-19 financial difficulties, you can request a payment holiday using the form below.
Being on a payment holiday doesn’t stop you from making smaller payments during the payment holiday period. Where it is affordable, making any payments during the payment holiday may shorten the term of the loan or agreement. Any reduction of the length of the term will depend on how much you pay.
The simplest way of making a reduced payment is via your Online Account Manager.
If you believe your temporary financial difficulties may go beyond one month please contact us on 0371 376 9200* to discuss any additional support we may be able to offer.
What happens next?
Once you have read the Is a Payment Holiday the best option for me? section and you believe a Payment Holiday is best for you, there are two ways to register .
- If you have not missed a payment but you are concerned that you will not have the funds to pay your next payment due to Covid-19 financial difficulties, complete the form below and we will process your payment holiday request within 10 working days. If you’re eligible, the payment holiday will start and move your next payment date back 1 month. After the payment holiday period we will start collecting your payments again.
- If you have already missed a payment due to Covid-19 financial difficulties, you can still request a payment holiday. You should call us immediately on 0371 376 9200* rather than using the form below to discuss a number of support options we can provide. If you’re eligible, your payment holiday will start from your previous missed payment date and your default fee of £25 will be removed.
If you have more than one Insurance Premium Finance agreement with us, please register each agreement you would like a payment holiday for.
If you have multiple finance agreements with us, please register each agreement you would like a payment holiday for:
If you have a credit or store card with us, you can request a payment holiday here.
If you have Personal loans or Retail Finance Agreements including Buy Now Pay Later or Interest Free Credit Finance Agreements, please register here.
If you have Your Plan or a Home Improvement Finance Agreement, please follow this link.
If you have a Motor Finance Agreement with us, you can register here.
Difficulties before coronavirus?
If you were experiencing difficulties before coronavirus and want to get back in touch, visit our customer support page.
* Calls may be recorded. Calls charged at basic rate. The number provided may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.